We're looking for a new freelancer that would like to get involved with new residential and commercial projects in London and Kent.
This position is perfect for someone looking to gain hands on experience working with existing buildings on a freelance basis and can be flexible according to your schedule.
In summary the freelance role would involve the following as a minimum:
- Visiting a site or property.
- Meeting with new clients during the visit.
- Conducting measured surveys using a laser-pointer tape measure.
- Photographing and noting the site, including key drainage, gas and electrical information.
The position has the potential to extend into partial or full management of the project which can include:
- Modelling the existing building in Revit as surveyed.
- Design and modelling the proposal in Revit to fit the client's brief.
- Communication with the client and consultants.
- Submission and management of a planning application for the project.
- Other services such as building regulations drawings and more.
- An undergraduate degree in a construction based discipline, ideally in Architecture.
- Experience working in an Architect's office or similar.
- Some knowledge of small projects involving an existing building.
- Experience noting measurements as sketched plans with the use of a tape measure or laser pointer.
- Experience using Revit, particularly with phasing and in use with existing buildings.
- Experience submitting planning applications.
- Knowledge of the UK housing stock e.g. servicing positions, manhole and sewer runs etc.
- Knowledge of UK building regulations.
Workload will be dependant on availability, but surveys are normally expected approximately 1-2 times a month and take approximately 4 hours per survey.
Additional job running work is available at approximately 6-8 hours a week following successful surveys.
Pay is proposed for the surveys at £200 per survey completed as invoiceable amounts. Further work can be discussed as either a percentage or hourly rate fee.